TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Your use of this website is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Business Name Registration System (BNRS), including the disclaimer and copyright restrictions stated below. Please read them carefully; if you click on the "I Agree" button, it is assumed that you have read them, and have agreed to be bound by them.
ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION
Your online application for a Business Name (BN) is subject to the Terms and Conditions set forth under the REVISED IMPLEMENTING RULES AND REGULATIONS OF REPUBLIC ACT 3883, AS AMENDED, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE BUSINESS NAME LAW.
Accordingly, it is your responsibility to ensure that your proposed Business Name is:
- not a term or word or group of words that connote activities or norms that are unlawful, immoral, scandalous or contrary to propriety (e.g. Boobs Massage & Spa);
- not a name, word or group of words, term or expression used to designate or distinguish, or suggest a quality of any class of goods, articles, merchandise, products or services;
- not a trade name, trademark, or business name registered by any government agency authorized to register names or trademarks;
- not inimical to the security of the State;
- not composed of a purely generic word or group of words (e.g. The Drugstore, Health Care Clinic);
- not a name the use of which is restricted by law or regulation; or that which cannot be legally appropriated (e.g. Red Cross, Red Crescent, ISIS);
- not officially used by the government in its non-proprietary functions (e.g. NBI Private Investigation Services, PNP Security Agency);
- not a name or abbreviation of any nation, inter-governmental or international organization, unless authorized by a competent authority of that nation, inter-governmental or international organization;
- not subject of an order by any administrative agencies/bodies or regular courts prohibiting the registration thereof;
- not a name of other persons; and
- not deceptive, misleading or one that misrepresents the nature of the business.
In the performance of its duties, DTI may conduct a post-evaluation of registered Business Names and may contact the Registrant for the proper execution of the provisions of the Republic Act No. 3883, as amended, and its Implementing Rules and Regulations.
You are entering an official website which may be used for authorized purposes only. Unauthorized modification of any information on this website is prohibited and may result in criminal prosecution under Philippine Law.
This service is provided for the official purpose of registering business names only. This website is made available for the convenience of the public conducting business in the Philippines. Users assume all risks associated with any transfer of information to the DTI and/or its service provider, including those related to the use of this site.
The information downloaded from this website is available only on the date and time stamped by the system. The DTI will not be responsible for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages caused as a result of the use of this online service.
The DTI may disable and or terminate without prior notice the account of users who violate the terms and conditions of the BNRS or misuse the information downloaded from this website.
Selected materials and information from this website may be reproduced in part or in whole for personal or official use only, without charge or formal permission from the DTI, provided that DTI be acknowledged as the source thereof. For Third-Party materials, permission from the author or copyright owners should be obtained prior to the reproduction thereof.
Hyperlinks to pages on this website may be created, provided that DTI is duly identified as the source website.
All reasonable precaution has been exercised by BNRS to prevent unauthorized use or tampering with customer information. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology is used to protect the personal information of users while online. This means that all information transferred between the user’s Internet Browser and BNRS is encrypted and made secure. The BNRS website is built to work with Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7 and above, and Mozilla Firefox version 2 and above. If the user experiences any difficulty in viewing or interacting with BNRS, the version of the browser should be upgraded, as necessary.
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) may process and use the Registrant's Personal Data and/or sensitive personal information collected electronically from this website, for purposes of implementing its mandate and providing the services required for business name registration and/or business registration;
The data collected electronically is shared among DTI’s partner agencies, namely, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Cooperative Development Authority (CDA), Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR), Social Security System (SSS), Home Development Mutual Fund (Pag-IBIG), Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth), Local Government Units (LGUs) and other permit/license-issuing agencies covered by a data sharing agreement to facilitate business registration-related transactions.
The DTI, its officers, employees, staff and representatives shall not disclose any confidential, privileged, personal and/or sensitive personal information of the Registrant in whole or in part, whether verbal or written to any person, except:
(a) When required by law or an order of the court; or
(b) During an emergency, that threatens the life or personal security of the Registrant or community.