TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Your use of this website is subject to important Business Name Registration System (BNRS) Terms and Conditions, including disclaimer and copyright restrictions stated below. Please read them carefully. If you click on the "I Agree" button, you will be deemed to have read them, and accepted to be bound by them.
ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION
Your online application for a Business Name (BN) is subject to the Terms and Conditions set forth under the REVISED IMPLEMENTING RULES AND REGULATIONS OF ACT 3883, AS AMENDED, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE BUSINESS NAME LAW.
Hence, it is your responsibility to ensure that your proposed Business Name is:
- not a term or word or group of words that connote activities or norms that are unlawful, immoral, scandalous or contrary to propriety (e.g. Boobs Massage & Spa);
- not a name, words, terms or expressions used to designate or distinguish, or suggestive of quality, of any class of goods, articles, merchandise, products or services;
- not those that are registered as trade names, trademarks, or business names by any government agency authorized to register names or trademarks;
- not a name that is inimical to the security of the State;
- not composed purely of generic word or words (e.g. The Drugstore, Health Care Clinic);
- not a name which by law or regulation is restricted or cannot be appropriated (e.g. Red Cross, Red Crescent, ISIS);
- not officially used by the government in its non-proprietary functions (e.g. NBI Private Investigation Services, PNP Security Agency);
- not a name or abbreviation of any nation, inter-governmental or international organization unless authorized by competent authority of that nation, inter-government and international organization;
- not ordered or declared by administrative agencies/bodies or regular courts not to be registered;
- not a name of other persons; and
- not deceptive, misleading or misrepresent the nature of my business.
In the performance of its duties, DTI may conduct post evaluation of registered Business Names and contact the Registrant as deemed necessary, for the proper execution of the provisions of Act No. 3883, as amended, and its Implementing Rules and Regulations.
You are entering an official web site which may be used for authorized purposes only. Unauthorized modification of any information on this web site is prohibited, and may result in criminal prosecution under Philippine Law.
This service is for the official purpose of government registrations only. This web site is being made available solely for the convenience of the public conducting business in the Philippines. Users assume all risks associated with any transfer of information to the DTI and/or its service provider, and with any other use of this site.
The information downloaded from this website is available only at the date and time stamped by the system. The DTI will not be responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages caused in any way as the result of the use of this online service.
The DTI may disable and or terminate without prior notice the account of users who may violate or abuse the use of and information downloaded from this Web site.
Selected materials and information from this website may be reproduced for personal or official use only, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or formal permission from the DTI, provided that DTI be acknowledged as the source. For Third-Party materials, please seek the permission of the author or copyright owner prior to reproduction thereof.
You may also create your own hyperlink to pages on this website, but the identity of this source website as the site of DTI should be indicated therein.
All reasonable precaution has been exercised in establishing the BNRS to prevent unauthorized use or tampering with customer information. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology provides a secure industry standard to protect your personal information while online. This means that all information transferred between your Internet Browser and BNRS is strongly encrypted and secured. Our Internet site is built to work with Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7 and above, and Mozilla Firefox version 2 and above. If you experience any difficulties in viewing, or interacting within BNRS, please check the version of your browser, and upgrade if necessary.
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) may process and use Registrant's Personal Data and/or sensitive personal information collected electronically from this website, for the purposes of fulfilling its obligations and providing the services required for business name registration and/or business registration;
The data collected electronically is shared among the partner agencies, namely, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Cooperative Development Authority (CDA), Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR), Social Security System (SSS), Home Development Mutual Fund (Pag-IBIG), Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth), Local Government Units (LGUs) and other permit/license-issuing agencies covered by a data sharing agreement to help facilitate business registration related transactions.
The DTI, its officer, employees, staff and representatives shall not disclose any confidential, privileged, personal and/or sensitive personal information of the Registrant in whole or in part, whether verbal or written to any person, except:
(a) When required by law or an order of court ;or
(b) During emergency, that threatens the life, personal security of the Registrant or community.